Thursday, February 3, 2011

My birthday

My birthday didn't feel like any birthday I've had before. It really didn't feel like my birthday but I think thats what comes with the territory nine days after having a baby. I had to get her to the doctors by 3:30 and I had to run a few errands. So we got all dressed up because its cold right now for some reason...
So at 2pm we left the apartment, paid rent, and went to my work. I had to fix my leave paperwork (bwahahaha to me actually going back, I'm doing the leave to keep the insurance going as long as I can) and that took almost an hour to do. We rushed to my doctors office to get more paperwork to get in the mail by 4pm so that it will have the 2nd as the post mark date. We got to her appointment on time which was a miracle and by the skin of my teeth. She doesn't like the doctor very much because that means I have to strip her down to her diaper and she gets messed with by people with cold hands... she hates anything cold. She's gained back her weight (she dropped down to 8' 6 at her first doctors appointment) she now weights 8' 14 and is 21 and 1/4 inches long. The doctor examed her and said she looks perfect. she said that it looked like her umbilical cord was going to fall off soon. They then did the pku test. I almost lost it. they pricked her heal and she started to scream. It hurt me so bad to watch her cry like that, they then squoze her heal until she had left four drops of blood on their test paper. She shook and cried and was so upset it was horrible! She fell asleep in the car on the way home thankfully
She was so worn out afterwards she kind of just passed out in her car seat. Once she woke up she ate for about an hour and a half to two hours straight. Its normal that somewhere during the evening she goes on marathon eating seasons so that didn't surprised me that much. Once she woke back up it was time to change her diaperHer umbilical cord just fell right off. I'm sure that made her extremely happy. She HATED anyone touching it. She would either cry when ever you touched it or she would give you a nasty look like "yes that is mine why are you touching it?"
Once home Ryan made me a version of Hawaiian haystacks (pretty much rice, chicken, gravy, and pineapple), I'm still extremely cautious over what I eat because I'm trying to help her not have gas because she having gas really isn't fun for anyone. I also didn't have a cake (I thought it would be too much dairy) so I had fresh and easy bread pudding which was yummy. We just hung out watching battle star galactica (its nerdy but its instant on netflix and its something that Ryan and I can do together) Ryan put together her swing because we think she will she will love it. We haven't had the chance to try it out but she loves her bouncy chair.

I've haven't gotten bored yet which surprises me. I've actually kept up with the house. I might not get dressed every day (I dont really need to) but I keep on laundry, and dishes up. I try to remember I need to drink a lot more water than I actually do because I have feeling shes sucking me dry with how much she eats.

I'm glad I'm so well built to have babies. I feel almost normal again. I don't feel hit by a bus, I'm still a little sore but hey I had a bowling ball come out of me. I bounced back, I feel good, I'm not feeling any baby blues which I'm happy about. I haven't seen my hair start to fall out yet but my doctor warned me in the beginning of my pregnancy that it will fall out once I have her. I seem to be handling the sleeping being interrupted pretty well. I sleep so much better when I hold her which is why we sleep in the living room at night, we've only spent the night in the room with Ryan once.

No comments: