Thursday, March 10, 2011

4 years, 6 weeks, and mastitis


Madison was six weeks old on Monday. I can't believe shes so old so fast! Why can't time crawl by? I want my little girl to stay little! (Even if she is a beast in her own right) Right now she's making more noises than just crys. She makes these little squeals every now and then that are the cutest thing! They are almost like "Hey look at me!" She's starting to smile a little bit while she's awake now not just when she is sleeping. She has started to giggle in her sleep! Her whole body shakes when she does it and she has this huge smile on her face when she does it! Now to only get her to do it when shes awake... She has (since Saturday) slept with me entirely in the living room but I will get into that later it isn't her fault.


My sister came into town last week and it was soooo nice to have her here even for just a few days. Literally all we did while she was here was hang out. Half the time I was in my pjs doing a whole lot of nothing but isnt that the great part? We went over to her friends house for a few hours (which she was so nice! She even put together a bouncy chair for Madison to keep her happy while we talked! Mind you she was so pregnant that she had her baby the next day, thats its so impressive) We also went to the mall to get Kha some shoes that they dont have in Louisiana.



Come Saturday family came into town because of Madisons blessing. Jeremy, Nicole and Owen came over Saturday afternoon soon followed by my mom and Jenni. That was a lot of fun seeing them! Madison also had her worst blow out to date and got poop up to her shoulders... How she does that I will never know. After they left to take Owen to swim in the pool at their hotel on the other side of the world Ryans family came over and hung out for a while. We watched Toy story one and played pass the baby.



Sunday morning after an extremely LOONNGG night we got ready, grabbed Madison's blessing dress and went to the church. Jenni and I got Madison ready in the mothers room for her big day. I was seriously scared that she would have a massive blow out in her blessing dress but thankfully she didn't. Her circle consisted of: Ryan, Mathew, his dad, Ken and Jeremy. Ryan gave her such a sweet blessing filled with such emotion it was perfect. Ryan did an amazing job not loosing concentration when she started to cry. She evidently as quite a riot up there and just started to fart up a storm and made the poor priest laugh. Its a good thing it didn't make it over the microphone because I'm sure the entire audience would have laughed too. I got good laugh because my cousin Ken came down from the stage holding one of her socks!



We took some family pictures and went over to my mom's house for a family gathering and lunch. It was fun to see all the cousins kids run around and play with each other. It was so nice for my mom to host something like that. Towards the afternoon it was just Jeremy's family at my moms playing card monopoly. I really enjoyed that game even tho I was extremely out of it and not very good at it.



Today Ryan and I have been married for four years. It doesn't seem like its been that long but then again I can't remember my life with out him in it. He's amazing and wonderful and my perfect match. I don't think we are going to do much for it. He stayed home with me today which wasnt the plan but I welcome the company.



I warn you now if you dont want to hear about my boob stop reading now.

So I've had a sore side that nurse on for a few weeks now. I just suck it up deal with the stinging. Well when Jeremy was at my house Saturday I fed Madison on my sore side and she got angry at it. Well once she finished eating my breast literally throbbed for two hours straight. I started to not feel that great and I told Ryan. Well his family came over and I really started to not feel good. I went into the bathroom while they were here and I took my temperature because my eyes started to feel hot. Well i was 99. something then once they left I took it again once they left and I was 100.7. I knew something was wrong and I knew it was mastitis. I fed her on my bad side and it was 100x worse than it had been a few hours before. I was crying so hard I was feeding her it scared Ryan. I called up my cousin Alicia telling her what was wrong looking for help. She talked me off the cliff and told me what to do. So I plugged in a heating pad and prepared for a long night sleeping on the living room floor. The times I did feed her hurt worse every time. By the morning I was cringing at the thought of feeding her on my bad side and it took me ten minutes to psych myself up to feed her. The last time I feed her on my bad side was at my moms during the lunch in. It burned so intensely through the entire thing it was horrible. It normally would let up once she got eating but this time it didnt. I realize right then I couldn't feed her on my bad side anymore. We bought me a pump and some bottles on my way home from my moms. I got into the shower and worked on trying to loosen everything up and I was able to get thick puss out of my breast.By the time I got to the doctors Monday afternoon my breast was almost completely red and my nipple was ugly contorted with infection. My doctor confirmed I was right about the infection and gave me antibiotics for four times a day for ten days. I've been pumping my bad side and feeding her exclusively on my good til her sucks me dry then I give her one of the bottles I've made her. I've broken down twice pretty hysterical at two in the morning because I feel so guilty about not having enough milk for her once shes eaten everything I can give her and she still wants more. I woke Ryan up last night at 4am because I was so hysterical I couldn't deal with it anymore. I was inches away from feeding her on my bad side but I couldnt do it. He took her from me and tried to calm me down. He sent me to the shower so I could relax and he sat Madison on his chest and started to tell her mission stories. He stayed home with me today to help me out. He's amazing... It frustrates me to no end when people try to make me feel dumb about my feelings because I know me and I know my daughter... grr... I will try to feed her again once the infection leaves my nipple so hopefully tomorrow because pumping pisses me off! My cousin Alicia has been a huge help to me this whole time! She talks me through the issues and gives me support! I love having family so close!

No comments: