Monday, August 25, 2008

As I promised

Well we left for Alamo on Saturday once I got off of work. We made it in and it was the cutest little place ever! We stayed at the windmill Ridge. Not bad food I must admit. Three beds and ... just cute!

Well the next morning we left and made our way to Ely. on the way up we were listening to comics because why not listen to Larry the cable guy? We got in around noon? I think it was noon... it doesn't really matter. Well I'm not sure how but the fondue machine came out. It was rather funny how it all ended up.

It turned into a theme of the week that all the siblings played Nintendo 64, it switched from star fox to Mario cart. I must admit I can kick the boys butt in Mario cart.

We got everything ready for a big camping trip. Got the go carts ready and the trailer ready to go.

We left on Tuesday to go to the hot springs. Set up camp, got into swimming attire and headed down to the hot springs. When you head to the hot springs and the surrounding areas it does not look like there is a natural water area there, it kind of just looks dead. It was so much fun to just swim around. It wasn't the deepest place to swim but it felt so nice! Tommy went exploring in the father around the springs.

After a nice swim we decided to go fishing. Woo Hoo. (please feel the sarcasm) Evidently no body who has been camping where we went caught a fish. no body. I sat there and read my book son of a witch. I might not go fishing again but at least I can say I went fishing. Some of the kids got a bit bored and found different things to fiddle with.

Everyone went go cart riding. People were coming up with excuses just to drive them. "I need to get water" they just went driving everywhere. I kind of felt bad for the other people camping there because they tended to kick up a lot of dirt if they didn't drive slowly through camp.

After dinner there was an amusing rabbit hunt. I say amusing because have to ever seen boys with guys going after rabbits? You have never have lived until you see hyper boys chase ugly rabbits around.

The next day we went swimming again... Can you say we got lobster fried? For some reason it was a rambunctious people wanted to play with tadpoles. Poor little tadpoles is all I'm going to say about it. Micheal and Tommy decided to attack Ryan while swimming. It was rather funny. Also Emily was dragging everyone around like a tug boat.

We had everyone there for dinner that night. It was really good, spicy but good.

We headed back to Ely on Thursday severely sun burnt and tired. I think all the camping tuckered Ryan out because he crashed for quite a while after we got back.

Friday I helped out Dad by helping set up his classroom. I did the bulletin boards. I put up colored paper to make the room look better. I even checker boarded a couple of areas because I though that it would look really cool. It took forever to do but it turned out great! We also had a teacher cook out BBQ thing in a park. They had some good chicken! It was fun tho!

Saturday Ryan and the boys helped moving a fireplace out to replace it. I was quite heavy. We also went shooting. The big gun scared me but I got over it. we headed out to go home. A slight hick up one of our tires had gotten a hole in it. Ryan drove it down to the local tire place and got it all fixed up. We made it home safe with out anything going wrong.

No comments: