Monday, July 7, 2008

A lot of good things

So today was my first day as team lead of my new store. I now have keys to the building, its an amazing feeling. If I put forth enough effort I could have my own store in a few years (like one and a half to two I'm not saying five) I Have a lot of faith in this business. I love it to tell you the truth. This job isn't necessarily easy but it is a lot easier than Wal-Mart!!! With so many more stores opening up they are always looking for new people. I finally felt good about everything. I know what I can do and people have faith that i can do it too.

So a bunch of good things about today is that
A) I have my very own set of keys to the store and I am in charge of closing the store by myself tomorrow
B) Ryan found the charger to the good camera so I am able to take pictures again!!! (It was lost for three months)
C) Ryan found a whole bunch of cool stuff at work today
D) Had some yummy Chinese food
E) It was just a happy great day!

The fourth of July went really good. I woke up with a migraine (which is common in my family) so I downed about five Tylenol and got over it. I still had the side effects of the lovely head pain in the booty I was motion sick almost. If i moved too much I would get woozy. So when I went to work I got sick in the bathroom after two and a half hours of work. So I went home early. I felt so much better after I got it out of my system and stopped moving so much. So I was home around three and started helping Ryan with cleaning up and waiting for Keith to come over. When he came over I let out the chickens to play willy nilly with the turkey. It was really interesting because the turkey has lately been putting up all the feathers. It has never done it before. so it was following the chickens around like a mommy. Well Keithy brought over a pool to set up. Ryan and Keith leveled out the grass area and then put down three hundred pounds of dirt to smooth it out. the dirt went very quickly and didn't seem as much as it actually was. Ryan and Keith set up the pool frame while burgers and such were grilling. we started filling up the pool around... 7? we got out the wrinkles and then set off fireworks which was fun. Ryan has a love affair with fireworks. i think he gets more excited about setting off fireworks than he get about Christmas. it took until oh one in the morning for the pool to be completely full.

Ryan and i then tested out the pool the next day. its fun for a above ground pool. Now with my milky white skin that hasn't seen the light of day for oh I guess two years the two hours in the pool was a shock for. So now i am lobster red. It hurts but it will feel a million times better tomorrow (two days after the fact) but it wasn't one of those walk out of the pool and be red kind of thing. my sunburn played a nasty trick on me!!! I had a surprise sneak attack sunburn! Or a delayed reaction one. I didn't turn red til about five hours later. I started heating up and feeling it at work two hours into work.

at the moment I'm doing my favorite thing in the world... laundry... yippie

pictures come later

oh and the cat hasn't left us alone. he is following us everywhere and he slept with us and is being oh so cute and needy!

No comments: