Monday, May 2, 2011

You live, you learn...

I'm discovering new things every day about my little girl. Something thats starting to become very clear to Ryan and I is that she is a sensitive little girl. She gets startled and scared easily. She does not like being scared... and if she gets scared while eating it can be pretty painful for me. It can take quite a few minutes to calm her down. The other day Ryan called me from the living room and I responded to him from the room... Well Madison didn't realize I was going to suddenly talk loudly and she went into hysterics... I felt bad for her. She was so scared you could see it on her face...

Madison also had her first real accident and our little family has quite the mystery on our hands. I left Madison in the middle of her changing table to go fill up her little tub because she had another one of her blowouts that was bad enough to warrant a bath. I told Ryan and he went in to go see her. He found her face down on the floor on one of my shirts (thank goodness for that because I think it softened her fall) He found her with in seconds of it happening. She was of coarse screaming, but she wasn't hurt, just scared. So we have two theorys because she has never rolled over..: she either did a front flip off. She has been know to do a sit up when she wants food thats dangling in front of her.
Or- she somehow wiggled herself to the edge, slipped off onto her pile of dirty clothes on her feet like a cat, then fell forward onto her face onto my shirt...
I think the second thought is more likely because there is a smear of color at the bottom of the changing pad but when Ryan was a baby he would do front flips out of his crib.
She is fine, she has no bumps no bruises... I gave her some Tylenol when it happened in case she got a headache but after a few minutes (and eating) she was able to calm down and was a giggly little girl again in no time!

No comments: